Being a voice for children who need it the most. My goal through this blog is to bring awareness for orphaned children who are hurting, sick and dying around the world every second of our day. My hope is that what i share will change your heart and mind forever and cause YOU to act. I promise if you take that first step it will not only change these children's lives forever but yours too! Our time is so short, the time is NOW, they are only here For But A Moment and we can make a difference.

Monday, March 14, 2011

The Least of These...

I have been struggling lately with which article I wanted to post for my first blog... Today I came across it. As I read through the story of how Sixty Feet started tears ran down my face. It was the harsh truth about children in many nations around the world that we try to glance over because its sometimes too hard to face the truth. God has been convicting me of this lately and I refuse to stay quiet. Knowledge is wisdom and in Justin and I's life God has used our adoption to open up the flood gates of knowledge about orphans around the world and how NOW is the time to act! Here are just a few statistics to ponder... There are approximately 2.5 million orphans in Uganda alone, over a million of whom are a direct result of AIDS. Roughly 1 in 6 children in Uganda under the age of 17 is an orphan. Read it again and again untill it starts to sink into your heart and soul, but I warn you once you have heard you have a responsibility to act! I hope through my blog to not only take you into the lives of children who need you the most but show ways you can help. Not everyone is called to drop everything and move overseas, or even adopt, but you may be called to sacrifice some of your comforts to save these children's lives... Are you willing? If so welcome to the journey of "For But a Moment". Here is your first charge, read Sixty Feet's story and let it sink in. Meditate on the way these children are living and dying without any help. We may not be able to save all of them but we must do what we can to defend those God shows us. Click here Sixty Feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment